For the pro on the go, the VT Bass DI covers a lot of ground in a unique, small footprint
This multi-function, multi-application unit features three different outputs to complement your current rig, record direct, drive power amps or go direct to the PA. Just throw it in your gig bag and you’re ready for anything at a moment’s notice.
Like the original Tech 21 VT Bass amp range, the VT Bass DI delivers the same legendary tower of power tone pumping through a stack of 10-inchers. This is for players who enjoy being heard.
From chunky funk with the ubiquitous flip top to the higher gain growl of modern stadium-filling alternative rock. Want more? Lean on the Character control for the fat distortion of Crimson and King’s X.
With the VT Bass DI, you can go from clean SVT®-style thump to dirty earthquaking rump - but, no matter which way you dial it in, it all sounds massive.
Quite The Character
The front panel of the VT Bass DI is dominated visually by an array of rotary knobs which allow you to set the output level, balance the ratio of direct signal and SansAmp processed circuitry, adjust the EQ and make everything roar with some choice distortion. In addition, one of the most important and useful among these controls is "Character", which lets you vary the sound of the amp and, at the same time, influence the attack level.
Five push-push switches are also available between the knobs and the footswitch. These allow you to enable the phantom power circuit, attenuate the 1/4" ack and XLR outputs by +10dB and -20dB respectively, engage the "Bite" presence boost and subsonic filter and activate the speaker simulator.
You get XLR and 1/4" main outputs and a 1/4" parallel out for passing an unprocessed signal through - a configuration that makes this pedal the perfect tool for studio and live applications. The VT Bass DI is housed in a bullet-proof aluminium box and is powered by a single 9V battery or DC PSU (not included).
The build quality is impeccable, both regarding the sturdiness of the pedal and the confidence that the controls inspire.
The SansAmp VT Bass DI Features
- Powerful bass DI with multiple outputs
- SansAmp circuitry lets you dial in everything from classic bass amp sound to modern bass rigs
- Use as a stompbox, preamp, or standalone recording tool
- Phantom and ground connect, line insert and output and line insert and XLR switches
- Basic DI box setup when pedal is disengaged]
- Controls : Level, Blend, Mid, Low and High, Character & Drive
- 1 x 1/4" Jack input
- Low-Z Outputs for long cable runs – 1 x 1/4" (Line), 1 x 1/4" (Parallel), 1 x XLR (Line)
- Powered via phantom power, 9 volt battery or DC power supply
- All-metal chassis is extremely rugged and dependable
- Sample settings in the manual include : SVT®-style, Fat Tube, Flip Top-style, Rage, Thumpy Funk, Fuzzed Out, Warm Compression and Yes-style
- Dimensions : 14.6cm x 10.8cm x 6.4cm (5.75" x 4.25" x 2.5").
- Weight : 0.7kg (25oz)