"Knocks every single prejudice you ever had about travel/short-scale instruments into the proverbial cocked hat"
Joel McIver • Bass Guitar Magazine • June 2012
Small, but perfectly formed.... and constructed to a seriously high standard, the new Mahogany Ortega D-Walker is a welcome addition to the growing ranks of travel-sized acoustic basses on the market.
With its ultra-short custom scale, lightweight construction, cool, modern cutaway design, smooth neck finish and expertly fretted fingerboard, the D-Walker is ready to travel, pleasing on the eye and comfortable, fun and expressive in action, with a full range of tone and versatility.
The Ortega Deep Traveller D-Walker Mahogany Features
- Custom Short Scale - 24.6" (625mm)
- 19 Frets
- Cutaway Mahogany Body
- Mahogany Neck, Sonokelin Fingerboard & Bridge
- B-Band R-Series Ribbed Under-Saddle Transducer + A 1.2 Preamp System
- Custom Wound Ortega ODW-4 Strings
- Includes Deluxe Padded Nylon Gig Bag & Adjustable Strap
- Meets most airline carry-on requirements
Ortega Custom Wound ODW-4 Strings
The D-Walker range is fitted with Ortega's own proprietary, short scale bass strings. Custom made in Germany, the balanced set (.043 - .059 - .071 - 080) features silver-plated windings on nylon silk, with the strings and tension specially designed for bass instruments with a maximum scale length of 630mm/24.8"'.
B-Band A1.2 Pickup System
B-Band's R-Series Under Saddle Transducer, constructed from super-durable, ribbed Emfit® film, delivers unparalleled sound quality, true transparent acoustic reproduction and enhanced string-to-string balance. Its flexible, contiguous structure ends in a socket connector that provides a neat, solder-free connection to the onboard active electronics.
The discrete and exceptionally light-weight single input A1.2 preamp has a direct frequency response with 24dB of gain, making it a perfect fit with the B-Band UST. The A1.2's active electronics are mounted in a compact tube coupled directly to a high quality endpin jack with an easy access 9V battery holder and single volume control.
The A1.2 now features B-Band's patented HZZZLess™ preamp circuitry which integrates with B-Band pickups more closely, significantly reducing signal noise and also increasing the signal output for a clean and loud, tonally pure response.
- R-Series Emfit® film Under-Saddle Pickup
- Lightweight A1.2 Jack Mounted Preamp
- Sound Hole Mounted Volume Control
- Box-Tight Battery Holder
- HZZLess™ Low Noise / High Output Circuit
- High Quality Endpin Output Jack
- Solder-Free Pickup Connector
- 750 Hours Average Battery Life
- 9 volt Phantom Power Option
<< Read Bass Guitar Magazine's full review of the Ortega D-Walker HERE