“With electric guitar and bass bridges, it’s all about tone… how to get more tone, more stability, more sustain & finer adjustments without adding weight. This is really what Full Contact Hardware is all about.” – Jeff Babicz
Full Contact Hardware is an innovative electric guitar and bass saddle solution featuring the patented eCAM saddle system, designed by Jeff Babicz, that offers a dramatic improvement to sustain, tonal quality & performance. Full Contact Hardware technology results in increased dynamic range, better sustain and pitch stability as well as providing easy and accurate string height and intonation adjustments which, with the ability to fully “lock down” the bridge saddles, remain secure, even when removing the strings.
The Babicz FCH-5 Bridge System for 5 string bass guitars features a wide 19mm (0.75") Fender-style spacing and standard Fender 5 hole screw mounting pattern and can be installed in minutes - in right or left handed configuration. The FCH comes complete with all necessary screws and an adjustment wrench, with comprehensive, step-by-step installation instructions available in an online video presented by Jeff Babicz - simply click on the "Videos" tab above to view, or visit the FCH website.
| || |
Babicz FCH-5 Bridge Features
1. Five hole mount - direct upgrade for Fender basses
2. Single screw string height adjustment
3. Lock eCAM saddle - after string height adjstments
4. Lock saddle housing - after intonation adjustments
5. Lightweight extruded aluminium construction for improved acoustics
6. Gapless eCAM saddle technology
"With Babicz Full Contact Hardware, you can adjust your action as high or low as desired while maintaining maximum string transference to the body for optimum tone, dynamic range, pitch stability and resonance"
Jeff Babicz designed FCH with the intent of gaining the maximum amount of direct string coupling to the body of the instrument. The result is an extremely lightweight bridge that makes "full contact" between the vibrating string and the instrument's body and provides over 50 times more contact surface per saddle compared to conventional saddle designs.
With FCH, string height or "action" can be set with more far more precision than with traditional saddles. The eCAM saddle allows for instant action adjustments, without introducing space or air-gaps, ensuring complete contact between the saddle and the body of the guitar. The tiny, string height adjustment screws associated with traditional bridge systems are eliminated so that, with the Babicz FCH design, the saddle can never "sink" or "shift" while playing.
In addition, each eCAM saddle also includes a specially designed String Height Lock, which keeps your string height setting in place… even during extreme saddle vibrations over time. Similarly, precise intonation adjustments are also easily attained - and maintained, with the FCH Bass Bridge's unique Saddle Housing Lock feature.
1. Traditional saddles rely on 2 very small contact points to couple the string to the instrument body.
2. A traditional saddle therefore has undesirable voids under the saddle, resulting in poor conductance of tone & sustain.
Babicz eCAM Saddle
1. The Babicz eCAM saddle offers 50 times more contact surface compared to a traditional saddle.
2. The Babicz eCAM saddle never shifts or introduces space below the saddle... even during string height adjustments.